Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dog Cells for Vaccine? Hell NO!

When I saw this new production facility open, I didn't think much of it. They are talking about using Dogs here to grow their virus and harvest what is needed. Baxter currently does this with African Green Monkeys. they infect the monkeys, and harvest the organs because it is faster than growing it in an egg.

I love Dogs. I am also a realist. If dogs were the one and only way to save the human race, It may be worth considering, but WE KNOW that isnt so. I would assume that harvesting dogs cells would mean you need to infect the dogs. Kill the dogs? This is way beyond acceptable. 

I read an article from one of the leading virologists who declared that working with monkeys as he did and creating vaccines from thier infected organs caused many other problems because its not just the virus you are adding into the vaccine fromt the organ but other diseases the Monkey is carrying as well. I will try to find this piece.. it was a utube vid where he pretty much said he felt he was to blame in a round about way for aids (HIV). He felt the Monkeys carried it and it was accidentally put into the vaccines.

The Monkeys are bad enough. Infecting animals is not the best idea in the world. Not just for those who love animals , but for those who have a sense of self preservation. I do not want to be exposed to the various Monkey diseases.. dog diseases. What are these people thinking? And at the end of the day, Dog is Mans best friend. I don't believe this will go over very well. We have other means, we do not need to go here.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/23/AR2009112302277.html?wprss=rss_world

No comments:

Post a Comment